Collecting Your Data
3. We will collect your personal data such as name, email address and telephone number either automatically when you register, or as otherwise provided by you to us. All personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal data. You must not register under someone else’s name.
4. If you register at Rated Ink, please keep your log-in details confidential. You are responsible for all activity under your Rated Ink account.
5. When you use the Site, we automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) your mobile device’s geographic location; (c) your IP address: (d) technical information about your device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (e) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; (f) how long you used the Site and which services and features you used.
6. We also allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your computer or mobile device, activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you.
Use of your personal data
8. We do not share personal data with others, including with other users, except (a) to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety; (b) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instruction, including payment providers and delivery companies; and (c) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
9. When you register on the Site, you consent to receive marketing email messages from us. You can choose to no longer receive marketing emails from us by updating your Rated Ink account, contacting us at [email address] or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
10. We shall not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area without your prior written consent.
11. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal data about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
[insert list and explanation of what each cookie does]
13. We also use Google Analytics to monitor how the Site is used. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and generates reports detailing information such as the number of visits to the Site, where visitors generally came from, how long they stayed on the Site, and which pages they visited. Google Analytics places several persistent cookies on your computer’s hard drive. These do not collect any personal data. If you do not agree to this you can disable persistent cookies in your browser. This will prevent Google Analytics from logging your visits.
14. We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access and disclosure. The technology that we use and the security policies which we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise that your personal data will always remain secure.
15. You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data that we process for you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right at any time to require that we delete your personal data. To exercise these rights, or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please contact us at [email address]. Please note, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of £10 if you wish to exercise the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold for you.
Last updated: July 2017